The recent increase in employees working remotely, combined with the migration to platforms such as Microsoft Office 365, has seen a dramatic increase in security incidents. The main reasons for these are typically poor implementations and lack of visibility of activity.
Microsoft Office 365 is highly targeted due to its wide popularity and the often abundance of valuable data hosted within.
These are the important questions you should be asking yourself.
1. Have you implemented Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive as part of Office 365?
2. How secure is your Office 365 environment?
3. What types of data are your employees storing in your environment?
4. Is data being shared or sent externally?
5. Is your Office 365 environment already compromised?
How are these attacks occurring?
By compromising an organisation’s Office 365 environment, attackers are able to access sensitive data remotely in the cloud, often undetected, without having to penetrate the corporate security perimeter. Attackers gain access to O365 by exploiting:
- Misconfigured security controls
- Poor or outdated authentication methods
- Accounts with Privileged access such as administrators and service accounts
- Weak passwords or those accounts that do not require multifactor authentication
The SECMON1 O365 Health Check
The SECMON1 Health Check for Microsoft Office 365 was developed on widespread experience responding to countless incidents where attackers have compromised and gained access to an organisation’s O365 environment. Proactive review and mitigation of common misconfigurations, process weaknesses, and exploitation methods, can help organisations reduce overall risk and ensure optimised protection and visibility for events occurring within their O365 environment.
Once your health check is complete you will have the visibility of high-risk activity within your O365 environment, as well as confidence in your overall security configuration.
Don’t wait to be breached. Act now to protect your organisation and employees.
Contact the Author
Director | SECMON1
PH 0428 183 095
The Rialto, 525 Collins St. Melbourne
Take control of information in your organisation.
Act now before the data breach storm reaches you. Contact us today.